Downtown offers the best of Austin, amplified….
This is where creativity and ingenuity meet to deliver the latest foodie hotspots, legendary live music venues, one-of-a-kind shops, and year-round outdoor fun. Rock out or relax – it’s your call.
- Hike & Bike Trails, Lady Bird Lake – Take a jog, stroll or ride
- Texas Capitol – Browse the many exhibits at the oldest state office building in Texas
- University of Texas – Attend an event, stroll the campus, or catch a game!
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue – Find him at Auditorium Shores
- Texas Rowing Center – Rent a kayak or canoe on Lady Bird Lake
- Congress Avenue Bridge – Watch 1.5 million bats fly at dusk
- Willie Nelson Statue – See the living legend on Willie Nelson Blvd. (2nd Street)
- Stubb’s Gospel Brunch – Revel in the Sunday morning joy
Shop ‘Til You Drop
- East 6th Street – Likely Texas’ best known street, the seven block’s of 6th Street between Congress and IH 35 are certainly Austin’s entertainment center and the shopping is not bad either!
- S. Congress Avenue – This hip strip features an array of eclectic shops, restaurants, boutiques, antiques, music venues and galleries. Every first Thursday of the month, stores remain open until 10pm.
- 2nd Street District – Where Texas Warmth Meets Austin Cool and More than 50 (mostly locally owned) specialty shops
- West End
Downtown offers fun for all ages. Be sure to check out the latest Events for more family outing opportunities.
You’ll find shows nightly in every corner of downtown Austin. Here are some venue picks to get you started on your live music journey.